Saturday, March 14, 2015

A Glance About Lebanese University الجامعة اللبنانية

From two years ago when i was a student at Lebanese University, I exposed to many problems that really effect me bad as well as my friends too.. 

By summary: Students at the Lebanese University face many problems and difficulties that hinder their graduation. I am a Lebanese University graduate, and I really had hard times while I was studying English Literature in one of its branches. I"m going to give few examples; I know that a lot worse stuff happened in other faculties.

The Faculty of Letters and Human Sciences in Zahle is fully marginalized. I don't really know where to start! When I was there, there was always no electricity due to bad management and lack of responsibility. I also had friends with special needs and disabilities who used to face a big difficulty in going up stairs to reach their Classes.

Also, there are no libraries, there was only one library but it was more like a joke of a library cause always it is closed and you can't enter it or even take anybook. Also there were no computer labs or web-based research tools, I don't even remember that we were asked once to do a research! Our grades were all based on one exam (Final Exam) in the whole year which brings students to be at disadvantage. 

Moreover, many administrators had political affiliations, and students who shared the same affiliations were “special”. However, those who were known to be sharing different affiliations, they were disadvantaged too. 

When we talk about the Lebanese University,the question repeats itself: why is there always oppression and prejudice against Lebanese University students? Is it because they are poor? This shouldn't be happening since this university is the government university and it should reflect its image. 

Sorry to say that, but Lebanese University will never be what we all want it to be, unless issues like those are addressed and treated. Unfortunately, so far no such intent is available.

Really it's miserable that private Universities are better from public one, the university that sum all kinds of people "the poor & the rich"..





2 comments:

  1. Really its a shame!! People who cant afford private universities have to pass through all of this , its not fair at all . I have heard a lot about this university especially from my friends whom studied there for one or two years and then they gave up . But what can we do ? its Lebanon :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your not the only one, I gained nothing too. This post made me remmember my bad old days at this university, and I totally agree that the curriculum must be changed as well as the doctors. It's really very shameful to say that the only national university in Lebanon is the worst and can't provide the suitable education for students

    ReplyDelete